Tuesday, November 6, 2012

IM BAACK...again

OMGeez...things have been loopy for me for the last few months.
We celebrated the grand opening of the 14th Street Artist Community and boy was it fun!!!! It was a labor of love and my very 1st successfull planned event...eventho Im not an event planner. We had high hopes that everything would trun out okay..from performers showing up to the weather. Couldnt ask for a better turnout. The 100 people that "R.S.V.P'd" on facebook actually showed up...the performers were FANTASTIC..the weather was perfect!!!
Since my last bloggin visit, Ive been added to a great group on facebook...the Handmade Collective. These sistas ROCK!! Great energy, beautiful handmade works..positive people.
Theres only so much time in a day to create (for me). I work outside of the home as well as inside. Not to mention the 2yr  old and kitten that desire attention and like to assist in the crochet process....I soooo need a space JUST FOR ME!!!
In the weeks to come, I shall prepare more hats for the homeless as well as try to crank out some items to sell at the upcoming artisan markets.
Heres a video of one of the many performances at the grand opening. We had to get last minute permission to shut the intersection down to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment